Training & Support
Setting up a OnePass
A OnePass Account is a username and password, created by you, that can be linked to multiple Thomson Reuters websites and applications such as Westlaw NZ, Westlaw International, Checkpoint NZ or ProView.
For recent OnePass enhancements click here.
Registering for a OnePass for the First Time? You will receive a 'welcome email' from Thomson Reuters Online Services. Click on the 'click here to activate' button for the relevant online service.
- You will be then directed to the One Pass Site. Your unique access code (Registration key) is embedded in the 'click here to activate' button, so it will automatically redirect you to this login screen with a Title "Register a New Profile"
- You as the user will need to enter a 'friendly name'. A friendly name is a nickname for the online service, this is helpful when you have more than one online service. You will also need to enter your email address.
- Click on 'Continue'. You will then be redirected to fill in fields headed with the title "Register a new OnePass Profile". Complete the information fields as well as setting up a Username and Password.
- You will need to set some security Questions up in the instance that if you need to reset your password or have simply forgotten it, you will be able to change the password.
- Completed! You will have a screen appear in General Settings advising your profile has been successfully created.
Are you locked out?
Your OnePass will be locked for 5 mins if your password was entered incorrectly more than 3 times, or if you accidentally forgot to log out before you opened another session window of Westlaw NZ.
You can reset your password here at any time, or call 0800 10 60 25 for assistance.